Going public with how we use your information
Document Version 1.0.2 - Effective From 2013.04.20
1. Who we are
- 1.1We are MC+Co - a trading name of MC Creative and Production Ltd. We own and operate this web site. Our contact details are available on our contact page. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this policy.
2. The point of this policy
- 2.1This policy tells you how we deal with any personal data that might be collected via our web site. This includes what kinds of data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it.
- 2.2Please do not use our site unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our site, we will assume that you are happy and you do accept it.
3. Changes to this policy
- 3.1It is possible that this policy might be changed or updated over time. You should check this policy whenever you visit our site. We will assume you agree to the revised policy if you use the site after the effective date shown at the top of the policy.
4. The data we collect
- 4.1We collect and store information that you give us via forms on our web site - such as your name, address, email address, phone number and so on - or when communicating with us by email (via contact forms on the site) or in some other way.
- 4.2We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the full URL stream to, through and from our site (including date and time), cookie number, activity on our website including the pages you visited and searches you made.
- 5.1We use a limited number of safe cookies – please review our cookies policy for further information.
6. How we use your personal data
- 6.1We use your personal data to provide our services.
- 6.2We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our site including verification of any claims you may make.
- 6.3If you have agreed on our site, we may use your personal data to send you emails (or other communications) with details of our or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you - including information about special offers or promotions.
- 6.4We may use personal data to recognize you when you visit or return to our site so we can prevent or detect fraud or abuses or to help us improve our site and services.
- 6.5We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
- 6.6We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
7. How we protect personal data
- 7.1Security is a high priority. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction using the same safeguards as we use for our own proprietary information.
- 7.2Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications may pass through servers in a number of countries before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the site.
8. Remarketing Policy
Any information collected by us is used only for remarketing purposes.
9. Disclosure of personal data
- 9.1We do not provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- 9.2We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
- a) if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
- b) in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
- 9.3We may store or transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated in this policy.
- 9.4Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are other users of our site or other websites, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of your information.
10. How you can access and rectify personal data
- 10.1You can access and rectify your personal data by contacting us by the means shown on our website. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws.
- 10.2For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, please visit the UK Information Commissioner web site.
The MC+Co Terms & Conditions of trading can be obtained on request.