One of the busiest Skoda main dealers in the South East, Preston Motors offers the latest models in the Skoda range as well as a large stock of premium-quality used cars. In addition, the dealership also offers a fully certified servicing, maintenance and repair service.
The company had limited success using a combination of local press advertising, Yellow Pages listings, and flyer based promotions to drive interest and purchase of new and used Skodas. They were also using submissions to Autotrader’s used car catalogue but had no website of their own. Historically the business had sold around 6 used cars a month.
Preston Motors commissioned MC+Co to completely review their approach to marketing with the goal of raising the profile of the business and increasing sales of both used and new sales by 100% per month.
MC+Co recommended that Preston Motors move away from the traditional advertising methods they had previously employed and invest in a number of digital marketing tactics.
We designed, built and launched a comprehensive client managed, data driven website that showcases the dealership’s stock of new and used models.
In addition, we built a series of seven micro sites, one for each new car. Around these we are running search marketing campaigns aimed at increasing the visibility for these sites within the London and Essex regions.
Further micro websites have also been developed aimed at increasing the visibility of Prestons Motor's used cars within 4 specific locations - Romford, Chelmsford and Harlow - and more recently an additional micro site heavily promoting the dealership’s Servicing and Maintenance offering has also been launched.
In conjunction with the above MC+Co implemented and continue to run a Pay Per Click (PPC) google advertising campaign to quickly deliver first page results for each particular used car model that becomes available.
Limited tactical, traditional marketing has also been continued. MC+Co have refined, reviewed and re-focussed the messaging of both email and direct mail campaigns.
MC+Co's campaign activity, through a very difficult trading period in the motor industry, has ensured that Preston motors have indeed grown their new and used car sales.
- Page one visibility achieved in Google for the main Preston Motors website for London and Essex regions.
- 26,000 visits to the new car microsites over the last two years.
- 3,821 people have been referred to the main Preston Motors website from the newly developed microsites (That's 50% of the total site visits driven by Preston's Autotrader submission over the same period for one fifth of the cost).
- 31,000 people have clicked through to the Preston Motors website directly from MC+Co's managed Pay Per Click advertising campaigns.
- MC+Co have exceeded Preston Motors original requirement - they are now selling on average
6 used cars per week - a 300% increase!